After having some flakiness with the wifi interface in my Chumby, I finally got around to contacting customer support. After a short determination that it really was faulty, they cross-shipped me a replacement and I got it very quickly. Well, I would have, but UPS made a slight mess of things while I was out of the country, and I got it a couple days after I got back.
I haven’t had a lot of time to dig into the device, either as far as flash development, or repurposing it for other non-flash stuff (it is essentially open source, below the level of the flash player.) However, these are my two favorite “widgets” for it so far: Clockr and ChumbySpy.
I think the Chumby needs an implementation of WebCollage, but at the moment, I haven’t the time to do it. I’ve also considered making a reader for the entire English language Wikipedia, but that would require some other work, like an on-screen keyboard for entering search terms and article titles.