Working on a third board rev…

I got the parts for my LED Lamp project from Digikey today. Once I got home from work, I decided to engage in the relatively relaxing and quick task of verifying that everything fits the pads on the board and the board layout.

Most of it is okay, but a couple things are wrong:

I chose a different ATtiny13 SOIC package from someone else’s eagle library than the one I bought. The one I bought has gull wing leads that stick out further.

The United Chemi-Con MVE-series electrolytics I bought are a little different shaped than I interpreted from the datasheet (pdf), forcing me to change their location with regard to some other stuff. On the positive terminal side, the base has the corners are cut in at a 45 degree angle. The data sheet doesn’t give a clear measurement of how far they are “cut” from a full square. In making a part in Eagle, I assumed more than the real dimensions of the part, so as a result, if I were to use my board, I’d have capacitors overlapping the ua78L05 voltage regulator and screw holes. Oops.

At least it’s good experience making boards.

I’ve got a cold though, so I think I’m going to have to take it easy for a couple days.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*